Monday, January 12, 2009

The year 2009 is the year I get back to pottery.

It has started with a candle inspired by the organ pipes at St. Luke's Church on Somerset Street in Ottawa.

The allure of the pipes is partly because of the church environment and my growing appreciation of the history of church architecture, especially medieval cathedrals. Also, pipes sure speak of extruded clay and that is exactly what I would like to start with, more extruded ceramic projects!

I just raced out to my studio to take a photo of the candle holder I made and put in the freezer (not plugged in) that I am using to store my clay in. Tim Thibeault suggested that a freezer or refrigerator would be a great place to keep pieces moist while jumping between projects so I am testing out the idea.

Despite having covered it with a loose fitting plastic bag I 'm not sure that the top of the candle holder was very wet but the bottom felt quite damp but not exactly plastic. At least it allow for a very slow drying out process.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home